Senior Regeneration and Development Manager
- Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- £33 to £34 per hour
A client of mine in Watford is looking to recruit a Senior Regeneration and Development Manager on an initial 6-Month contract. The position as a Senior Regeneration and Development Manager will primarily be focussed on pre-construction project work, such as preparing feasibility studies, commissioning consultant teams and surveys, and leading on concept design development for new schemes. In addition, you will undertake development appraisals and financial modelling of schemes, you will assist with the preparation of planning applications.
- Deliver development sites to maximise commercial gain and achieve other regeneration benefits, working with external advisers on key transactions.
- Prepare project briefs and manage the procurement of master planners, property advisors and architects
- Identify and apply for external funding
- Project manage the creation of master plans and planning frameworks
- Carry out financial scheme appraisals and work up schemes to take them through planning stages
- Identify new opportunities by conducting research and networking
- Maintain stakeholder and elected member support for the regeneration programmes and projects
- Prepare and present reports at meetings
- Manage budgets in accordance with external funding criteria and in line with budget monitoring processes. Ensure budgets are met and variances are managed
- Ensure high standards of project management, working with established systems
- Ensure that procurement protocols are adhered to and that Best Value is achieved
- Manage the letting/sale of completed developments and liaison with appointed managing agents and the appointed asset/investment advisors where appropriate
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Educated to degree level in a built environment subject, or equivalent experience
- Membership of a recognised built environment professional body (RICS, RTPI or equivalent) (desirable)
- MAPM, Prince II or similar practitioner (desirable)
- Evidence of proactive negotiating skills and strong commercial acumen
- Track record of successful delivery of major development projects with a complex private/public sector interface, on time and on budget, showing a well-developed appreciation of the strategic issues and challenges involved.
- Record of successful resource management, the formulation, monitoring and control of large complex budgets and the effective performance management of people and physical resources in a diverse organisation.
- Evidence of the resolution of conflicting priorities and applying rigorous monitoring, risk and control procedures
- Experience of tendering and procurement processes in the public sector.
- Experience of financial management
- Experience of writing and presenting complex reports, business cases and bids in a comprehensible style to audiences including elected members and senior officers
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.