Senior Site Civil Engineer
- Merseyside, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
Senior Civil / Site Engineer
Marine Civils – Liverpool
Salary / Package – Negotiable
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a very experienced Senior Civil / Site Engineer working for a large blue-chip company in the construction industry who for over 160 years have combined traditional values and experience, with an advanced innovative approach. The company operates throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland, delivering quality construction projects and achieving excellence. The company’s reputation is a product of this success.
One of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors in the UK they are seeking to appoint an Engineer to work on a £50m project at the Princes Dock in Liverpool. You will likely have experience of heavy civils projects, ideally within marine environments and be technically competent with a broad range of experience within similar settings.
This is the first stage of what could be a much larger redevelopment of this area, with future schemes potentially including a 200-room hotel and 1700+ space multi-storey car park.
Duties will include: –
- Ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors, designers, clients, staff, visitors and others are inducted and have approved risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) in place.
- Produce RAMS for directly employed labour and approve RAMS for other elements of the work.
- Ensure procedures, inspections and forms are implemented, including those associated with accident reporting, permits to work and temporary works.
- Produce, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained.
- Record, submit and monitor Non-conformance Reports (NCR) and maintain the NCR register.
- Ensure accurate setting out and dimensional control within specified tolerances.
- Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date.
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
- Develop short term look ahead programmes in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the PM/CM and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualities: –
- Professionally qualified field (Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management);
- Proven track record managing large, complex heavy civils / marine schemes (5+ years minimum)
- Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to positively influence others;
Benefits include 3% employee contribution, 6% employer pension contribution, 33 days holiday and life assurance. Salary is DOE, please submit CVBBTECH_R