- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £60,000 per annum
My client are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world, priding themselves on blending creativity with strong strategic and technical capabilities. They help clients create projects and programmes looking holistically across strategy and policy reform, future rail contracts, heavy and light rail operational planning, economics, funding and implementation.
We are seeking a Senior Consultant to support the development of our City Economics and Planning business and capability in London, across the UK, and internationally. We are currently growing our team and seeking an experienced professional with strong socio economic, qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills (especially in policy and programme evaluation), and a background in socio economic development, transport, and / or urban economics. The role will require experience working in consultancy and with central and local government and private sector clients.
In particular we are looking for people that can advise clients and oversee complex projects and policy and programme evaluations, with a real passion for thought leadership in social and economic development. Experience in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis is essential. We expect that you will work with us to deliver sustainable, socially-inclusive and economically sustainable solutions for our clients. You will be involved in leading and supporting on projects, bids, business development tasks, thought leadership assignments, and will be project manager for a range of types of projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning and delivering social and economic research, using qualitative and quantitative methods, such as semi structured interviews, focus groups and primary surveys.
- Planning and carrying out socio economic analysis, impact assessment and process and theory-based impact evaluation.
- Work on high-profile projects in urban socio economics, local economic growth, transport and environmental economics for a range of public and private sector clients, in the UK and internationally
- Meet clients and collaborators, help with business development and work-winning
- Help influence our clients and stakeholders to ensure that we build a prosperous, low carbon, more equitable future, in line with the Arup values and the UN sustainable development goals.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis, qualitative coding.
- Experience in designing and managing surveys, and carrying out quantitative survey analysis.
- Experience in impact assessment, and theory-based evaluation, theory of change, theory based techniques such as contribution analysis and process tracing.
- Experience in (one or more of) social and economic development, urban and local economic growth, transport and environmental economics, and a passion for the subject.
- Knowledge of and experience in using the HM Treasury Magenta Book and Green Book guidance would be desirable.
- Strong grasp of the economic policy agenda, including initiatives relating to levelling up, transport and infrastructure, decarbonisation, economic inequality and social value.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.