Senior Structural Engineer
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £43,000 to £50,000 per annum
We are looking for an experience Senior Structural Engineer to join a leading engineering consultancy. You will ideally be a Chartered Engineer with experience of working on a variety of medium-size projects and possibly managing small packages on large projects. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high quality output on projects. You’ll need to be able to develop and nurture relationships with clients (both internal and external).
- Design and specify all aspects of Structural works in accordance with current guidelines, standards, regulations and project deliverables.
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of our Early Careers population and the continuous improvement of departmental capabilities.
- On occasion, manage our Structures involvement in small to medium-size projects, including time, cost and client relationship management.
- Champion quality within local teams and projects.
- Provide engineering design and consultancy services.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief.
- Check calculations and detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls.
- Provide feedback on the performance of the department from a technical and operational perspective.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production calculations and drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
- Ensure team compliance with company quality management.
- Management of Engineers, Early Careers and Technicians in the production of calculations, design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison, liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and any other relevant duty.
- Degree qualified in Civil and/or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Considerable structural engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience.
- Be fully conversant with the basics of CDM Regulations, British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to structural loading, design and specification.
- Good knowledge of structural analysis and ability to use design software.
- Eligibility to pass criteria for security clearance required to work on sensitive projects.
- Working knowledge of BIM software including Autodesk Navisworks.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Chartered or Incorporated Member of ICE or IStructE (or equivalent).
- Experience of contributing to bids, proposals and tender submissions.
- Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience of managing small teams from Apprentices and Graduates to Engineer and Technician level.
- Experience in managing commercial elements of projects.
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software for structural drawings.
- Experience in the use of MasterSeries, Staad and/ or Tedds analysis software (or equivalent).
Rewards and Benefits
- Company car / cash allowance
- Life assurance scheme
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.