Senior Telecoms Design Engineer – Scotland
- North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
I am recruiting for a Telecoms Senior Design Engineer to join an established and busy in-house design team specialising in rail infrastructure engineering projects.
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks, my client are further expanding their in-house Design team. We have a number of positions available in our Telecoms Design team at various levels for engineers.
The in-house design team consists of specialist designers at various levels of competency responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, rail, telecoms and engineering projects and frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects and tendered rail / civils schemes.
Projects can typically include bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms etc.), access for all schemes, structures including bridges, tunnels and footbridges.
My client are looking for a Rail Telecoms Engineer with Operational Telecoms design experience on the UK Rail Network. The ideal candiddate would be involved in various projects throughout the organisations telecoms portfolio including Asset Management, Renewals, Enhancement and upgrade/new build station projects.
The candidate will support the organisation with telecoms design deliverables and the provision of telecoms advice.
The Senior Telecoms Design Engineer has responsibility for the development of technical solutions, in addition to supporting programme & budgetary control, SHEQ considerations, and the coaching and mentoring of colleagues.
- Demonstrate initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles, acting on any observed non-compliances with CDM Regulations.
- Challenge the brief and propose alternatives, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
- Develop and agree design philosophies of engineering solutions.
- Hold, or be working towards the CRE (Design) role on Network Rail schemes.
- Lead site inspections / surveys as required in order to inform the design.
- Produce and maintain the Designer’s Risk Assessment and Decision Log, and review.
- Produce clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP, standards and best practice.
- Clearly communicate design philosophy and requirements with other team members, ensuring appropriate documentation.
- Work to the principles of BIM where this has been determined as the method of project delivery, expanded further below.
- Ensure work is delivered within the team’s financial, quality and programme targets, expanded further below.
- Assist change and develop more efficient processes and design tools
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Develop and build relationships with Clients.
- Seek feedback from Clients during as well as at conclusion
- Assist the Principal Engineer in the management of the day-to-day workload of technical staff within the design team
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Civil Senior Design Engineer in a rail project environment.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Operational Communications within the UK Rail sector
- Able to demonstrate proficient experience of Telecommunications systems design with an emphasis on telecommunication networks and equipment
- Thorough working knowledge of Network Rail Standards
- Experience in the design of telecoms infrastructure
- An advanced understanding of engineering principles relative to telecoms.
- Experience in rail with associated standards and processes for engineering assurance and engineering management
- Understanding of factors influencing the buildability of design solutions, including engagement with planners, estimators and construction staff to establish the most sustainable, efficient and economic methods of construction and use of materials within the boundaries of technical requirements.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the design process, and engineering drawing practices.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Company contributory Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
- Generous Employee referral scheme
- Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
- Consistent learning opportunities
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.