Senior Transport Modeller
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £50,000 per annum
This is an exciting time to join the client as they are experiencing significant growth in their infrastructure planning business so are looking for a transport modeller to join their growing team in the region.
As a Senior Transport Modeller, you will provide project task leadership and training of Transport Modellers, Traffic Engineers and Planners in the transport planning team. As part of the team, you will also be responsible for business improvement and development initiatives with your Line Manager. This will involve:
Undertaking transport modelling/ traffic engineering including, but not limited to base model development, calibration / validation, forecasting and development and testing of mitigation scenarios, attending meetings with clients, stakeholders and collaborators, and producing technical reports.
- Experience in transport planning and modelling (e.g. highways, public transport, multimodal modelling, development planning, TA and GTP production, junction modelling key).
- Proven experience in at least one of the following modelling suites SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM as well as GIS, Junctions9, VISSIM, LinSig.
- Experience of specification, delivery and application of strategic transport models.
- Proven ability to build, calibrate and validate traffic models with minimum supervision and experience in implementing demand and public transport models.
- Proven ability to act as task leader or Project Manager on projects including Project / Task Management and commercial project delivery.
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Department for Transport’s Transport Appraisal Guidance (TAG)
- Experience of working with strategic transport clients such as Highways England, HS2, DfT, TfN, Regional Transport Bodies and with developers, key clients such as Hs2, airports, local authorities etc.
- University Degree / HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g. transport planning, civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics or data science).
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.