Senior Transport Modeller
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
About the Client
We currently have exciting opportunities nationwide for a Modelling Project Manager / Senior Transport Modeller to join the Transport Planning team in the UK, working on a range of high-profile projects in multidisciplinary teams. The client has fantastic progression opportunities, with a flexible approach to working from home.
As a Modelling Project Manager / Senior Transport Modeller, you will provide project task leadership and training of Transport Modellers and Planners in the transport planning team. You will act as task leader for modelling elements of major projects or Project Manager for small / medium sized projects. Further roles within the team will include business improvement and development initiatives with your Line Manager. This will involve:
- Undertaking transport modelling including, but not limited to base model development calibration / validation, forecasting and development and testing of mitigation scenarios;
- Conducting economic appraisals and assisting in preparing business cases;
- Attending meetings with clients, stakeholders and collaborators;
- Producing technical reports.
- Experience in transport planning and modelling (e.g. highways, public transport and multimodal modelling).
- Proven experience in at least one of the following modelling suites SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM as well as GIS (ArcGIS / QGIS is preferable).
- Experience of specification, delivery and application of strategic transport models.
- Proven ability to build, calibrate and validate traffic models with minimum supervision and experience in implementing demand models.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Department for Transport’s Transport Appraisal Guidance (TAG)
- Proven ability to act as task leader or Project Manager on modelling projects
- Experience of working with strategic transport clients such as Highways England, HS2, DfT, Welsh Government, Regional Transport Bodies.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Excellent experience in report and proposal writing.
- Experience of team leadership / supervising others
- Project / Task Management and commercial project delivery.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and train / mentor junior staff.
- University Degree / HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g. civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics or data science).
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.