Senior Transport Planner
- Norfolk, United Kingdom
- £37,000 to £44,000 per annum
This is an exciting time to join the client as they are experiencing significant growth in their infrastructure planning business so are looking for a senior transport planner to join their team.
The role will cover an interesting and varied workload – from major highways improvements through to a diverse range of small, medium and large transport projects of local and national significance.
Your role will be at the heart of one of our high performing teams, using your technical skills and expertise to help us continue driving forward in terms of both technical quality and service efficiency.
- Experience in transport planning (e.g. highways, public transport, infrastructure projects)
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of transport policy, appraisal guidance and techniques.
- Task management experience, with the ability to deliver client satisfaction
- Good written and verbal communication skills especially experience in explaining transport modelling outputs to a non-technical audience
- Experience in developing transport models from first principles including forecasting
- Ability to independently devise study methodology and apply in a non-transport context
- Proven ability to build, calibrate and validate transport models with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to run Junctions 9, LINSIG and confident use of excel, word, TRICS, TEMPRO.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in strategic modelling using SATURN and/or micro-simulation modelling tools like Paramics Discovery.
- The ability to understand the inputs to transport models and how resulting outputs can be used creatively to underpin a range of investment decisions.
- Knowledge and application of Green Book principles, DfT TAG transport appraisal and business case development
- Economic appraisal experience such as TUBA, COBALT
- Transport related MSc
- Experience of working with strategic transport clients such as Highways England, HS2, DfT, TfN, Regional Transport Bodies and with developers, key clients such as Hs2, airports, local authorities etc.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.