Senior Transport Planner
- Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- £22 to £23 per hour
A client of mine in Oxford is looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner on an initial 5-Month contract. The position as a Senior Transport Planner will be responsible for the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning studies (including those conducted by external consultants) taking responsibility for their day-to-day management as required in accordance with the client’s Project Management guidelines.
- Ensure that the client’s transport infrastructure and service requirements are taken into account when considering Local Plans and major planning applications by providing input into:
- the preparation of Local Plans and associated documents
- the preparation of charging schedules for the Community Infrastructure Levy
- pre-application discussions on strategic development proposals
- consultations on strategic development proposals
- the preparation of evidence to support the client’s case at examinations in public and/or public inquirie
- To produce Town and corridor updates for the Local Transport Plan, including updated strategy and list of schemes within each area.
- Ensure that the transport infrastructure and service requirements are taken into account in Strategic Planning such as JSSP, OxIS setting out the impact on the local area.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits (through management of consultants)
- Liaise with staff across Strategy & Infrastructure Planning and Commercial divisions over scheme development
- Work closely with Stakeholders, local Members and other organisations on scheme development and consultation, including provision of timely information in the appropriate form
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Experience of working on strategic housing developments / master planning
- Experience of working in a planning/Transport planning environment
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants using a variety of procurement routes
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of the development plan system
- Delivering results- consistently delivers personal objectives and supports achievements of team and service objectives through appropriate prioritisation, and an organised approach
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.