Senior/Principle Transport Planner
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
We have opportunities for an experienced and ambitious Senior/Principal Transport Planner to join our collaborative and creative Transport Consulting team.
This position will support a wide range of Cities projects, including
* High profile developments and regeneration rail and infrastructure schemes
* Local Government and public sector projects such as town centres strategies, active travel strategies, policy development, public sector-led housing development and public transport strategies
You will be responsible for the project management / technical delivery of transport and development planning projects, which will include the production of Transport Statements / Assessments and associated technical or policy documents. You will also advise clients on active travel and sustainable transport opportunities, the development of transport strategies, technical analysis and modelling as well as masterplan/street related design requirements for all street users. You will take responsibility for delivering technical excellence whilst addressing our client’s needs.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic candidates who are interested in creating excellent places and spaces for buildings, masterplans and cities for private and public sector clients.
You should enjoy taking responsibility, being proactive and taking initiative within a supportive and encouraging team. You should be keen to broaden your technical skills to support innovation, knowledge development and the growth of peers / junior colleagues.
You will also support the team in business development and work-winning and the promotion of the company in external markets.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about the role of transport in supporting local, regional and national objectives
* Have experience in developing effective working relationships with project teams and / or clients or potential clients
* Have experience in managing and delivering successful projects
* Have experience in transport planning and design development for development sites, urban areas, potentially including public realm, major destinations and interchanges
* Demonstrate experience in analysing, modelling and assessing future transport demands and network requirements
* Demonstrate experience of applying transport design guidance in a cities context
* Demonstrate experience in the development and delivery of transport strategies that encompass the needs of all relevant transport users
* Demonstrate an ability to write in a well-structured and logical way, using a variety of methods to effectively illustrate points
Additional skills that help:
- Proven experience and a good track record from consultancy, local authority or industry delivering transport planning deliverables for projects and planning applications
* Enthusiastic and capable of developing externally facing role engaging with clients, moving further into a work winning and leadership role as your career progresses
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.