Site Agent – Civil Engineering
- Merseyside, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
Marine Civils – Liverpool
Salary / Package – Negotiable
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civils Site Agent working for a large blue-chip company in the construction industry who for over 160 years have combined traditional values and experience, with an advanced innovative approach. The company operates throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland, delivering quality construction projects and achieving excellence. The company’s reputation is a product of this success.
One of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors in the UK they are seeking to appoint a Site Agent to oversee multiple packages on an exciting £50m project at the Princes Dock in Liverpool. You will likely have experience of heavy civils projects, ideally within marine environments.
This is the first stage of what could be a much larger redevelopment of this area, with future schemes potentially including a 200-room hotel and 1700+ space multi-storey car park.
Duties will include: –
- Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety / CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
- Manage the works in line with the programme, monitor progress and update the programme accordingly.
- Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the PM/CM and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records including site diary are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Communicate policies and procedures to sub-contractors and ensure these are being observed.
- Produce, implement and maintain the site logistics plan detailing access, egress, transit routes, plant location, storage, waste disposal etc.
- Manage the sub-contract package in line with the sub-contract order documents, including the pre-let meeting minutes and attendances.
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualities: –
- Professionally qualified field (Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management);
- Proven track record managing large, complex heavy civils / marine schemes
- Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to positively influence others;
Benefits include 3% employee contribution, 6% employer pension contribution, 33 days holiday and life assurance. Salary is DOE, please submit CV’s with salary expectations attached.
stride is acting as an Employment A