- West Sussex, United Kingdom
- £42,000 per annum
Stride Resourcing are working with a Civil Engineering business that operates UK wide but are looking to recruit a Site Engineer for projects across Surrey, Kent and Sussex
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent
· Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
· Experience of working within the civils industry (essential).
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time
· Team player
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to use initiative
· Strong attention to detail
· Full UK driving licence
· Valid CSCS card
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
- Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified and assisting with implementing the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate.
- Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
- Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
- Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring compliance with project’s budgets and programme.
- Ensuring the accurate setting out and surveying of all aspects of the works.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
- Providing accurate information to the site Works Management and Foremen to ensure timely construction of the works.
- Assisting with ensuring adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
- Assisting with the process of ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion.
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
- Assisting with the resolution of contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.