- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £26,000 to £30,000 per annum
MIDLANDS – PERMANENT – SALARY NEGOTIABLE
We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK. We have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to continuing success and growth of our Civil Engineering team, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Civil Site Engineer and a Civil Site Agent, Working on major water infrastructure project across the Midlands area, you will play a key role within the team through setting out, excavation, pipe-laying and concrete works. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally as a successful Civil Site Engineer with the support of your Contracts Manager.
- Ensure accurate setting out and dimensional control within specified tolerances.
- Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date.
- Develop programmes for forward planning, in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
- Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
- Produce weekly and monthly progress reports as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the Site Manager or Contracts Manager and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Plan, manage and document site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
- Management responsibilities for all Health and Safety policies and procedure.
- Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
- Must be able to use their own initiative taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
- Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
- Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
- Experience in water works or utilities will be looked upon favourably.
- Current health and safety card (CSR|CSCS|Safepass or equivalent) to supervisor level.
- Able to manage health and safety issues to Safe -T-Cert or a similar audited scheme such as ISO 18001.
- First Aid at Work certificate and a full driving licence.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your CV to aredwards@strideresourcing,com or call Aaron on 02392 314675.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.