- Cheshire West and Chester, United Kingdom
- £11 per hour
A client of mine in Winsford is looking to recruit a Streetscene Officer on an initial 3-Month contract. The position as a Streetscene Officer will assist in the delivery of high quality customer-focused Street Scene services within Cheshire West and Chester, which deliver on our pledge to “help the borough thrive” and supports our aim to create the cleanest, safest and most sustainable neighbourhoods in the country. You will support the Street Scene Service Delivery Coordinators and Chargehands to provide a customer-focused service which delivers clean, safe, accessible & attractive streets & open spaces that are pleasant to live in and give the local community a sense of belonging.
- To have knowledge and experience in the delivery of various Street Scene services to include grounds maintenance, grass cutting, weeding, edging, strimming, hedge maintenance, seasonal bedding maintenance and planting, manual and mechanical cleansing, sweeping and litter collection.
- Carry out the cleansing of public spaces to include litter picking, bin emptying, hand sweeping of detritus, removal of weed growth from pavements and paths and assist in the removal of flytipping where directed.
- Carry out general grounds maintenance works to include grass cutting, soft landscaping, fine turf care, maintenance of horticultural displays, chemical weed control, minor tree and hedge works and the marking out and maintenance of sports pitches.
- Operate and maintain to a basic standard a full range of powered hand tools and self-propelled horticultural and cleansing plant and equipment.
- To work in a safe manner and ensure the safe use of materials and equipment at all times. Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Assessments, COSHH regulations and all other Street Scene guidance documents are followed to ensure personal safety and the safety of others
- To use appropriate mobile communication and IT systems and to follow work instructions and schedules to ensure work is completed to the required standard and in a timely manner
- To drive a vehicle for the purpose of carrying out Street Scene operations, ensuring that vehicles and plant are clean and in good working order and that Street Scenes driver code of conduct is followed at all times.
- To identify and report defects or damage to Street Scene assets to Street Scene Chargehands or Service Delivery Coordinators
- To represent Street Scene in a manner conductive with the standards expected, including the carrying of an identity card and the wearing of the uniform supplied at all times. To communicate with our customers, management team and members of the public in a polite and professional manner placing the highest possible emphasis on customer care, engagement and feedback.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Appropriate qualifications and/or industry related certificates of competence related to the services required (NFTC PA1/PA6, CS30/CS31 chainsaw certification, FLT licence, small plant competency certification etc.)
- Current full driving licence
- Previous experience of delivering operational services in a directly related industry or have transferable skills from an unrelated industry
- Possess a basic knowledge of horticultural and cleansing tools, machinery, equipment and techniques and relevant health and safety regulations
- A basic knowledge of: Health & Safety legislation, environmental legislation and legislation surrounding the operation of vehicles
- Ability to complete daily worksheets and other basic paperwork
- Should be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and to be able to cope with potentially hazardous materials
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.