Structural CAD Technician
- Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- £35,000 per annum
Would you like to be part of some of the biggest and most crucial rail developments within the UK? Do you feel like you are limited by working within such a large team and are looking to develop your skills and make a difference? Have you ever considered if you can make it further by taking that stride in your career?
- 2+ years’ experience with Bentley Microstation, AECOsim, and ProjectWise
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- Demonstrable presentation skills
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Full UK driving licence is favourable or at least have plans to drive
- Ability to work well in a team
- Site surveying experience is favourable
- PTS certificate is favourable
- Knowledge of Network Rail design and build standards and procedures
- Understanding of Eurocodes and H&S guidelines
- Reporting into to the Head of Design & Engineering
- Team size of less than 10
- Produce CAD drawings and undertake design surveys
- Interact and liaise with internal staff, sub-contractors, clients – attend sites as required
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used
- Develop designs using required CAD systems into quality technical drawings
- Manage accurate records of As-Built dates in diaries and on Construction drawings
- Ensuring designs meet client specification and expectation
- Keep daily records of progress (Daily Record Sheets)
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- You will be a part of close-knit family environment where collaboration will assist not only the company but also your own personal development.
- Working with other like-minded technicians and engineers to complete challenging rail projects throughout the UK.
- Opportunities of progression and further training supplied outside of this job specification when required in future for varied disciplinary projects.
- Free parking available on site and within walking distance to local shops, restaurants, and gym facilities.
Office is based in Hatfield and only a few minutes off the A1 (M).
If you do not possess the relevant experienced required for the role and do not receive a response within 48 hours upon sending your CV, then you can assume that your application has not been successful.
Get in contact for a confidential chat about how you can be involved! Contact me directly on 02392 322 325 / Karl@RBDStride.co.uk
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.