Sustainable Rail Solutions Lead
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £65,000 to £70,000 per annum
With investment in the Rail industry at an all time high, sustainability of the nations Railways is paramount and with that in mind we are looking to speak to passionate individuals who can lead and co-ordinate solutions.
Expertise in sustainable development, including a relevant university degree in environmental science/sustainability or equivalent, or professional status with IEMA (Associate IEMA, or Practitioner IEMA) or equivalent industry experience will be essential for this role.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to support the scoping, development and delivery of projects or initiatives to deliver the solutions required.
- Pursuing consistency across sustainability topics, develop and share best practice more broadly across the industry and ensure wherever possible solutions are considered to address multiple technical aspects.
- Maintaining active service of existing tools e.g. Rail Carbon and Rail Environment tool
- Bringing a ‘tool-set’ approach to shape potential solutions e.g. a GIS based air quality mapping tool with scope to broaden to include other sustainability topics such as noise.
- Harnessing the digital capability of the business to deliver innovative sustainability solutions.
- Developing relationships and gain consensus with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior industry executives via the Sustainable Rail Groups.
- Providing accessible but technically accurate communications material on sustainability for use by the business and the industry as part of engagement and communications campaigns.
Please get in touch if you wish to explore this great opportunity and take the next stride in your career!
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.