Systems Safety Assurance Engineer
- York, United Kingdom
- £6,000 to £75,000 per annum
We are immediately hiring for a Systems Safety Assurance Engineer to work within the Systems Safety & Assurance Team to ensure and promote the effective Systems Safety throughout all of our Engineering & Infrastructure Projects and client projects. This role will be a fantastic opportunity to work on one of the leading UK Rail projects – HS2, in a critical role. The role will be primarily home based but will include a monthly visit to Birmingham or York.
- Working across our Projects and Client Projects to ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, the Common Safety Method 2012 and the Railway Interoperability Regulations through active monitoring and audit
- Deliver system safety related training packages both internal and external to the company
- Undertaking regular monitoring and inspection of company projects to report on levels of compliance and identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Providing input to our Projects focus groups including Technical Board, Safe By Design
- Promote effective Design Risk Management and System Safety throughout the company
- Facilitation of Hazard Identification, Hazard Review and other risk workshops
- Provide assistance to the company with regards business development and continual improvement through collaboratively working with other disciplines to enhance projects service delivery and processes
- Provide Advice and Management on issues involving CDM, CSM* and Interoperability* as well as other regulatory requirements relating to our Projects portfolio of works (multi-sector construction)
- Promote Safe By Design amongst the company and projects
- To secure repeat business through proactive Client management
- To win work by assisting proposals with the technical input into bids/estimates and proposal
- Provide support to the System Safety Assurance Manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Significant experience within the railway industry
- Knowledge in Risk Assessment process and techniques
- Competent practitioner in system safety
- Effective communicator
- Able to manage and plan your own workload effectively
- Able to audit and inspect internal projects and processes
- Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution eg. IOSH, ICE, APS
- Good knowledge of engineering design and construction principles and standards
- Experience of general construction activities and methods
- Good understanding of Common Safety Method and the Railway Interoperability Regulations and how it is applied in a Rail environment with respect to design and compliance.
- Experience working with Assessment Body, Notified Body and Designated Body
- Good knowledge of CDM, its application and its principles
- Good knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Network and British and European Standards
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, whilst we offer to double and match employee pension contributions.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.