Systems Safety & Environment Officer
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £550 to £590 per day
A client of mine who is a Large Public Sector Rail organisation are looking to recruit a Safety and Systems Environmental Officer to work for the on an initial 5 month contract in inner London. Due to the nature of this position and the fact it is working for Public sector the position will fall inside IR35,
- Working in the Health & Wellbeing Team for the Kent & Sussex routes.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Act as the route’s focal point for day-to-day management of occupational health and wellbeing, monitoring the routes compliance with occupational health and wellbeing policies and procedures.
- Working with other stakeholders, and in particular the central Health and Wellness Strategy team, develop and implement the route’s health and wellbeing improvement plan to address local health requirements, aligned to an integrated Plan.
- Identify health and wellbeing related training needs for line managers and other health-related roles in the route, working with other partners to help fulfil them.
- Lead occupational health and wellbeing initiatives for the route and as required nationally in area of identified expertise.
- Manage the arrangements for the collection of health and wellbeing data in the route to enable better health decisions to be made both locally and inform national decisions.
- Working with the route HR and central health strategy teams, support the management and continuous improvement of third-party occupational health and wellbeing service provision.
- As part of personal continuing professional development, maintain appropriate skills and knowledge to enable support to the route to tackle current and emerging health risks
Registered General Nurse (RGN) or MSc/BSc in Occupational Health or OH Diploma/certificate.
Relevant clinical occupational health expertise required to assess health needs of the business unit
Ability to work autonomously on own initiative and be able to prioritise work appropriately
An effective communicator
Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Proven resilience in an occupational health environment to be able to deal with the demands of the post
Additional qualifications and experience in an area of health specialism, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer in the workplace, mental health, musculoskeletal conditions or vocational rehabilitation
Experience of managing third party occupational health service provision
Safety management qualification
Railway or equivalent industry experience
Customer interface, including training/presenting relevant health data/presentations
Auditing clinical performance or service delivery
To apply for this position please call me on 02392322318 or email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.