Temporary Works Designer
- Bath and North East Somerset, United Kingdom
- £50,000 per annum
Temporary Works Designer
Permanent (would also consider contrat)
£45,000 – £50,000
My client a top performing water and sewerage company in the south west of England require a Temporary works designer in their engineering and construction division, responsible for the delivery of an annual programme of water treatment, wastewater and network projects across the region.
To ensure the delivery of their projected workload over the coming decade, they are continuing to expand their team. The team primarily supports our civil and MEICA teams but also support our repair and maintenance teams dealing with emergency works as they arise.
Reporting to the design manager, this role will see you as a key part of the team delivering both temporary and permanent works designs across our business.
You will be responsible for:
* managing a team of structural and geotechnical professionals supporting the needs of our in-house E&C business, including training, mentoring, supporting and providing guidance to our E&C technical staff
* overseeing and undertaking complex structural engineering/geotechnical calculations
* carrying out the co-ordination and design of temporary works
* providing strong technical support to engineering temporary works and identifying innovative and robust solutions
* undertaking specific investigations, appraisals and permanent works designs within the agreed budget and programme
* providing technical input and approval for all structural works in support of the Water capital programme
* providing safe temporary works processes and designs for the E&C civils and utilities group.
Qualifications and experience:
* ideally, you will be a chartered member of an appropriate professional institute, e.g. MICE or MIStructE
* you’ll have construction sector experience, both site and office-based
* you’ll have thorough knowledge of temporary works design, engineering and industry best practice, including: excavation support, facade retention, tower and mobile crane base, formwork/falsework/scaffold design, shoring/propping and jacking/piling
* you should also have a good working knowledge of a range of structural and geotechnical software packages.
This is a unique position where no two days are the same. You will be the focal point of contact with the construction and utility teams, so you must be confident and effective working in a dynamic, fast-moving environment. You’ll be self-motivated, commercially-aware with excellent time management skills. This means you’ll be able to manage your own and your team’s workload, including utilising consultant support when necessary. You should also be an excellent communicator, who is able to deal with all levels of staff from directors to site operatives, with a proven ability to develop and mentor junior members of staff too.
In return, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
You must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained.
If interested please send a up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Aar