Track Team Leader
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Permanent Way Design Engineer with excellent technical knowledge and experience within Rail, and a desire to deliver meaningful work with successful outcomes for our clients through innovative solutions.
The role of a Senior Permanent Way Engineer will be to drive and successfully deliver complex multidisciplinary rail project using sound technical knowledge and coherent advisory skills. Ensuring the successful delivery of safe, technically excellent multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across our UK portfolio will be critical to your role, and you will be responsible for:
Determining the track design requirements from our client brief making sound decisions to produce the optimum design solution.
You will be responsible for:
- The technical Permanent Way design input on Rail projects
- Lead the Design Management of the track discipline on Projects
- Coordinate and manage all the necessary interfaces and inputs that are required to deliver a railway design.
- You will be responsible for liaison with relevant external parties to ensure understanding of the client’s needs and project requirements.
- Liaising regularly with staff managers and other technical leads and team leaders. You will regularly report to your team leader, and where necessary your project manager, and ultimately the Group leader.
- Leading the Permanent Way Design team with a culture of delivering right first-time production, checking the required track design drawings, documentation and calculations on large or medium sized projects.
- Liaising with other discipline designers and Engineering leads to ensure multi-discipline designs are fully integrated.
- Running the identification and elimination or mitigation of risks during the design process within your own discipline, and the production of deliverables that support the Safe by Design process, producing focussed CDM designer’s risk assessments;
- Contributing to the Common Safety Method (CSM) process
- Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK.
- Managing team resources and identifying opportunities and issues in a timely manner such that programme timescales are met or exceeded.
- Mentoring and supporting of our junior engineers and technicians assisting in their technical development and their progress towards a professional qualification.
- An appropriate Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Achieved or soon to achieve professional qualification
- Experience in managing and leading teams, mentoring and developing others
- Experience in the production and checking of Permanent Way Feasibility, Scheme and Detailed Design reports, layouts and calculations within multidisciplinary rail projects to include, but not limited to, Station throat design; S&C renewal; Plain line renewal; Infrastructure gauging and production of Gauging Reports
- Experience in the use of industry standard software in the production of design packages to include, but not limited to, Bentley Rail Track; Clear Route 2; Track-Ex; SD calculator
- Experience in the production and checking of drawings using Bentley Microstation whilst working within Common Data Environments
- Experience of and working within relevant legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice and guidelines (CDM and CSM)
- Knowledge of Network Rail Company Standards, RSSB Railway Industry Standards and Technical Specifications for Interoperability
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.