Trainee Joinery Estimator
- Dorset, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
Trainee / Assistant Estimator (Joinery)
Tier 1 Main Contractor
Negotiable salary based on your current experience / earnings
This is a great opportunity for advancement within the industry. A top tier main contractor with a regional office in Dorset are looking to bring on a trainee estimator to work on some of the largest interiors projects in the area. You will need to be a qualified and experienced carpenter / joiner with skills in information technology and be willing to learn how estimate large and complex interiors projects.
Full training and support will be given by their highly experienced team of four estimators, you will have every tool available to be able to adapt your existing skills, learn how to put together cost estimates and ultimately become a valued team member helping to secure new business.
With demand for estimators currently massive across the industry, you can be assured this change of direction in your career will enable you to push on past your current level and thrive within this niche area. Estimators are in demand and highly desirable.
- Pricing of joinery variations / design cost control and value engineering
- Prepare sub-contract orders
- Submittal of payment applications and cash collections and preparation of sub-contractor payments
- Generate & maintain records, filing and supporting the commercial function
- Settlement of main contract final accounts
- Prepare monthly cost / value reconciliation
- Preparing / recording any requests for extensions of time
- Qualified carpenter / joiner (apprenticeship)
- Experience of working with software applications
- Able to understand construction drawings
- Eager to learn and energetic
- Knowledge of construction contracts (Desirable)
- Excellent communicator at all levels
For further information please contact me at Stride Resourcing in Cosham, I am always happy to give careers advice & guidance.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.