- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
You will be part of an established transport planning team based in London working on private and public sector transport planning projects. Specific responsibilities would include assistance in the development of transport assessment, policy and design for active travel and public transport. The candidate will have experience of working with multi modal transport projects including transport assessments, GIS analysis, use of data analytics, interpreting traffic models, and an interest in digital skills. Experience of working with private sector clients and public sector clients would be preferable.
The candidate would report to a project manager on a day-to-day basis and will need to work also in a multi-disciplinary environment on some projects with colleagues in Environmental and Civil Engineering and Buildings as an example. Along with work to support transport planning studies the appointed candidate will also need to have an interest in producing business cases and undertaking wider economic impact assessments. The candidate should have excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand the complex issues associated with transport planning and design projects. They should be able to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines and client requirements.
The individual will:
- Work with Transport Consulting colleagues to support on projects, deliver tasks/projects and future growth;
- Have knowledge and experience of transport and planning with either a public transport, active travel or development planning bias;
- Be able to work within a team of professionals and effectively deliver outputs in accordance with the brief;
- Have a desire to gain knowledge of the regional transport market and client organisations;
- Work with our Infrastructure engineers in the development of scheme designs;
- Build the expertise of our transport planning practice;
- Build on the existing team of skilled transport planning professionals
- Helping prepare for project interviews and to enable the delivery of commercially smart solutions;
- Support client relationship planning and bidding through technical input and advice
- Be comfortable communicating through writing, presentation or by telephone
- Transport planning experience with knowledge of either Transport Assessment, policy and design for active travel or public transport.
- Transport Planning/Engineering including the current direction of policy and innovation;
- Understanding of development requirements and implications of multi-modal transport impacts
- Understanding of the planning process for developments
- Experience with spreadsheet analysis and spreadsheet-based models
- Knowledgeable user of data analytics and mapping tools (GIS) and able to interpret quantitative transport models
- Have knowledge or an interest in developing digital skills such as data analysis or Python coding.
- Transport Planning/Engineering professional, with experience in either a consultancy or public-sector environment;
- Demonstrable track record in supporting project delivery;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Good working knowledge of Junctions9 software;
- An interest in working with clients and building client relationships through technical output;
- A proven ability to delegate work to supporting staff where appropriate;
- A proven ability to write accurate and clear reports and client letters/emails;
- A proven ability to contribute written and analytical material to clear and accurate technical outputs client presentations
It would be desirable to have knowledge of:
- Micro simulation modelling;
- Strategic modelling (inputs and outputs)
- Pedestrian modelling.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.