Utility Land Rights Manager
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £36,000 to £45,000 per annum
Utility Land Rights Manager
A client of ours in Birmingham is looking for a Utility Land Rights Manager to join them on a permanent basis, you will be responsible for managing the processes established to ensure timely delivery of utility land rights required for a landmark project. This scope covers non-contestable and contestable utility diversions for the entire line of route.
Our Land and Property team are responsible for acquiring and managing the land and property to enable timely construction of the route in a way that is sympathetic to those affected.
In the case of utility diversions, either non-contestable or contestable assets, Land and Property are required to agree and obtain or approve suitable land rights for all utility companies. This involves reviewing, advising and managing the process to ensure rights are secured in a controlled and standardised manner, to enable consistency.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
* Responsible for overseeing utility land right cases on the route that includes a highly diverse mix of land and property; spanning cities and large areas of rural land on behalf of the Senior Utility Land Rights Manager
* Ensure all consideration sums are negotiated to settlement within governance, industry guidelines and budget parameters so that land rights are complete a t the right time for the project
* Proactively build relationships with key individuals across a range of organisations; utility companies, early works contractors, main works civils contractors and the legal and land and property departments within those organisations, enabling the negotiation process to be carried out effectively
* Provide relevant technical advice to the delivery function to inform decision making at the early stages of design and construction work
* Collaborate and communicate with other members of the Land and Property Acquisition and Management teams to ensure a common and consistent approach is adopted.
* Ability to manage communications and negotiations in a tactful way
* Stakeholder management
* Communicating effectively with teams to ensure smooth flow of information
* Skill in developing public facing communications
* IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent
* Ability to access and maintain information from multiple IT databases and systems.
* A relevant qualification in Surveying or another property related discipline or relevant work-based experience working towards qualification
* An understanding of the compulsory purchase process or other government compensation schemes (training will be provided).
* A detailed understanding of the utility and telecommunications industries
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
* Experience of working in or with the utilities sector
* Experience of working with suppliers to develop effective working relationships and manage performance to ensure delivery through the supply chain.
You will need to work closely with the Senior Utility Land Rights Manager and colleagues within various teams across the company, particularly within the Land and Property team to escalate issues that might need special attention and input from other teams.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to <a href="mail